Are your students interested in fashion college and careers?
Over the past 15 years, we’ve worked with more than 3,500 fashion college students and we have a keen sense of 3 key areas where more robust skills and support are needed, namely:
- the development of a signature design style
- fashion-specific digital literacy in both Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, and
- structure, focus, organization & sagacity.
At Design Your Line Fashion Lab (DYLFL—affectionately called The Lab) our innovative hybrid courses—designed for high school freshman students and older—offer a unique opportunity to explore and develop confidence, especially in these areas, within small, dedicated groups where innovation and relevancy are paramount.
We offer a year-round curriculum. Please email us at hello@DYLFL.com if you'd like to receive our quarterly flyers which give details of upcoming course dates, enrollment, scholarships, and other events.
Welcome to The Lab
Courses may be taken in any order, and include high quality, college-level materials with lifelong access, and aftercare service. Here's a brief summary:
- Future Fashion Designer X-Celerator Masterclass—The FOUNDATION COURSE to jump start your fashion career... Create a collection of unique, on-trend, folio-ready fashion designs in your signature style in 9 weeks or less!
- First Fashion Folio Masterclass—The CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT COURSE to define your design DNA... Explore your creativity to develop a body of portfolio-ready work that showcases your unique style and point of view in 9 weeks or less!
- Photoshop X Fashion Theme Board Masterclass—The PHOTOSHOP BLUEPRINT COURSE for fashion designers... Master the essentials of Photoshop by completing a fashion theme board in 7 weeks or less!
- Illustrator Fundamentals X T-Shirt Flats—The ILLUSTRATOR FAST-TRACK COURSE for fashion designers... Master the basics of Illustrator by designing and drawing industry-standard t-shirt flats in 7 weeks or less!
Let’s Talk About Fashion
We love talking to students, so if you would like us to tailor a private presentation about the fashion industry to your students, we invite you to schedule a convenient time here and tell us what topics are of particular interest.
A Little About DYLFL
Hunter Publishing Corporation, the owner of DYLFL, was founded in 2007 by Victoria Hunter, a specialist in fashion education.
An award-winning fashion design student and instructor, Victoria has helped over 3,500 students learn about fashion design. She attributes her success to a fun energetic vibe, combined with a current, systematic teaching strategy.
“Our courses use methods that not only streamline the overall process to fewer materials with higher impact but leave students with a lasting blueprint.”
Hunter received a Bachelor of Arts Specializing in Fashion Design from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, and is a published author on the subject of fashion design and generating creativity.
What Our Students and Clients Think
“You make everything seem possible and I really appreciate the care, motivation, and inspiration you give us students every week. You're truly a treasure of an instructor. ” - Kamryn
"She is professional, helpful, and a leader who exemplifies excellence. Victoria is by far the best and I took all of her classes because I want to only learn from the best." - Anna
"Extreme knowledge in all facets of fashion, very pleasant, and patient. I have used tutors for 10 years and quite often they are very knowledgeable but just can’t teach. Victoria is highly knowledgeable and an amazing teacher. Victoria is truly special because it is rare to find someone that listens. The combination of a tutor that is knowledgeable, can teach and listens is the most efficient with the best results. In 10 years I have only come across 2 and Victoria is one of them." - Margaret